Happy New Year
The Ingredients you will need to make this are:
2 packets of dry yeast or 50 grams of fresh yeast
1. Soften yeast with the 1/4 cup lukewarm milk and 1 teaspoon sugar.
2. Combine softened butter, sugar, lemon rind, aniseed and salt. Add the hot milk and stir well.
3. Add yeast mixture to milk mixture.
4. Add the eggs and 2 cups flour and beat in mixer. Then mix in 2 1/2 cups flour until dough is soft and sticky.
5. Knead in the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour for 10 minutes.
6. Place ball of dough in a bowl brushed with melted butter. COver bowl with a cloth - and let rise in warm place for 3 hours.
7. Punch dough down and turn on floured surface. DIvide into 3 equal pieces and shape each piece into a 50 centrimetre rope. Braid and shape into circle - press ends together.
8. Place on greased tray and press in dyed eggs. Brush with melted butter, cover and let rise until double in bulk.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 160 degress celsius for 45-50 minutes.
This is the traditional Easter bread cut at the Easter Sunday meal. It is often plaited or made into a wreath and is usually baked with a red egg in the centre.
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net | Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net | ToothFairys.Net