Happy New Year
The Ingredients you will need to make this are:
1 cup luke warm water
1. Mix yeast and water together. Stir till dissolved. Stand till it starts to bubble.
2. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
3. Slowly stir yeast mixture into flour, then stir in beaten egg.
4. Mix into a dough.
5. Turn out onto a floured board. Knead well.
6. Put in a warm place to rise till double in bulk.
7. Punch dough down to break air bubbles up. Roll out thinly onto a floured board.
8. Cut into strips. Twist the strips into different shapes.
9. Boil a large saucepan of water.
10. Slip each pretzel into simmering water. When it rises to the surface, remove it with a slotted spoon.
11. Place on a greased baking tray.
12. Brush with beaten egg yolk. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
13. Bake for 15 minutes in a hot oven.
In Germany, children are given pretzels at Easter. They are large heart shapes decorated with colored ribbons.
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net | Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net | ToothFairys.Net