Happy New Year
The Ingredients you will need to make this are:
4-5 cups flour
370 grams haloumi or
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add water, sugar and salt to hot milk and then add yeast, mastic, 2 eggs and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
3. Knead and allow to rise in a warm place.
4. Mix the ingredients for filling except 1 egg and sesame seeds. Should make a stiff mixture.
5. Roll out dough to 1 centrimetre thick and cut into 6-8 rounds.
6. Put out 2 tablespoons of filling in each round. Moisten edges and fold in corners to make square tart with a small opening in centre.
7. Cover tarts and allow to rise to almost double in bulk.
8. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Bake in moderately hot oven for approximately 25 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
These cheese pies are part of the fast-breaking meal after Lent when meat and cheese are not eaten.
Mens.Net | Womens.Net | Mothers.Net | Fathers.Net | Grandparents.Net | Teenagers.Net | Santas.Net | EasterBunnys.Net | JackOLanterns.Net | FatherTimes.Net | StValentines.Net HarvestFestivals.Net | BirthdayCelebrations.Net | ToothFairys.Net